Thanks to funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Hastings Pier has a dedicated Learning and Education department.
The department is staffed by two part-time managers, Susan Kent and Francesca Piacentini. We are supported in our work by interns and volunteers.
Through our work we aim to provide high quality opportunities for people to:
1. Learn about Hastings Pier’s past through interpretation and activities.
2. Engage with Hastings Pier through volunteering and events.
3. Use Hastings Pier as a gateway to employability.
4. Enjoy their interactions with Hastings Pier.
And through this work we hope that people will feel:
1. a sense of ownership and involvement
2. an increased sense of pride in the area
3. and as a result they will care for and about the future of Hastings Pier.
Since 2013 we have been working with the local community, including schools , families , young people and adults from diverse backgrounds in all sorts of different ways to achieve these aims.
Find out more about some of the projects we have delivered: