Hastings Pier is a wonderful fishing spot. As such we welcome fishing on the Pier, but have to manage this so that the Pier is able to be safely used by all visitors. The rules are:
- All those looking to fish must sign in and pay at Pauls tackle, opposite the pier.
- When entering the pier before 10am, entrance is through the west gate from 8am. Please note that the Pier is not open to the public at this time so close the gate behind you securely.
- Fishing is allowed on the Pier head on both East or West side, but only ONE SIDE AT A TIME, this will be agreed with the majority of those fishing on site daily fishers on site daily, or the first person fishing on site.
- People fishing can move from one side of the pier to the other, but this must be decided by all people fishing, and they must move together, not one by one.
- Overhead casting only - NO pendulum casts.
- Please make every effort not to snag fishing line.
- When leaving your fishing area to obtain refreshments etc all tackles must be removed from water and hooks must be un – baited
- Be mindful of customers, dogs and children
- Use toilets provided
- No radios, or portable stereos
- Alcohol prohibited
- No drugs
- No smoking
- No unaccompanied under 16 year olds
- Catches to be dispatched in a humane manner
- No fish to be gutted on the pier
- Catches to be retained in bags or buckets, out of public view
- Be observant and respectful of other sea users: kayaks, paddle boarders, surfers & swimmers
- Bait cutting boards to be used at all times
- Anglers must agree to catch bag inspections, refusal will mean a ban
- Please weigh and photograph specimen or large fish, for pier records
- Anglers to keep the area where they are fishing clean and tidy
- Take your rubbish home
- Wash down your fishing area with bucket and brush provided when you leave
- Hastings Pier take no responsibility for fishing related incidents and fishing is carried out at anglers own risk
- Limited to 20 anglers at a time in designated areas on east or west side of the pier head
- Night fishing by arrangement only
- If the pier needs to be evacuated due to high winds, this also includes fishermen
- No parking in the loading bay
- No Fishing on events days advance notice via Pauls Tackle
- Pier Staff Duty Supervisor or security guards’ decision is final in any matter not covered by these rules.
- Please note there is NO fishing on weekends, Bank Holidays or during school holidays listed below:
28th May – 1st June 2018 (Some exceptions apply)
23rd July - 3rd September (Some exceptions apply)
22nd October – 26th October (Some exceptions apply)